Issues with 2023 Sequoia Capstone

bartowfamily

Dec 23, 2023
Henderson, KY
Purchased 23 Toyota Capstone in March of 23. Lucked out with someone backing out of their deal with dealer. Unfortunately had to drive to Huntsville, AL to pickup. We are located in Northern KY. Will never do that again….local dealers do not want to help. So much for Toyota customer support. Main issues are the key fobs. We did finally receive our second fob but, after 3 times to dealer they now say the sequoias fobs are not capable of remembering seat and steering wheel settings by fob. Really? On a 80K vehicle? Also having issues with 2 user profiles in system. Supposed to be able to assign a dob or phone to recognize….. Neither work. Have to manually choose each time we enter vehicle. Both features are shown in manuals so do not understand why not working and why local dealer says not capable. Another question: can you program eco mode to be default rather than having to turn knob each time you start traveling? Again manual says dealer can program.
Any help would be appreciated.

badgernix

Jul 19, 2023
We still only have one key fob, so we are regularly pressing the #1 and #2 buttons for seat settings. As far as ECO mode, ours remains on that setting by default. I did not program anything special that I know of?

rohit_trd

May 3, 2023
Florida
Purchased 23 Toyota Capstone in March of 23. Lucked out with someone backing out of their deal with dealer. Unfortunately had to drive to Huntsville, AL to pickup. We are located in Northern KY. Will never do that again….local dealers do not want to help. So much for Toyota customer support. Main issues are the key fobs. We did finally receive our second fob but, after 3 times to dealer they now say the sequoias fobs are not capable of remembering seat and steering wheel settings by fob. Really? On a 80K vehicle? Also having issues with 2 user profiles in system. Supposed to be able to assign a dob or phone to recognize….. Neither work. Have to manually choose each time we enter vehicle. Both features are shown in manuals so do not understand why not working and why local dealer says not capable. Another question: can you program eco mode to be default rather than having to turn knob each time you start traveling? Again manual says dealer can program.
Any help would be appreciated.

I think your dealer is just being a pain for no reason. I will recommend going to another dealer to sort out both those issues (even if you have to drive some distance).

Check out https://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Toyota/ to find a dealer closer to you with a good customer service reviews and rating.