2023 Toyota Sequoia vs Tahoe & Yukon

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 25, 2022

MotoMan heads to Monterey for an early look at the 2023 Toyota Sequoia. Once there, he learns the 2022 Toyota Tundra based all new Toyota Sequoia takes the forgotten full size SUV from an also ran to something that looks to take on the Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon . . . but in a different way.

mikeshep

Feb 2, 2022
It's an interesting comparison between these 3 automakers. I think GM/Chevy has done an incredible job with the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban, which seems like it's in its 27th generation. But... I've never bought one because I perceive a useful life of 100k - 200k max on the stock components. Compared to Toyota where I expect to start worrying no sooner than the 200k - 300k range, and if properly cared for, might just make it 1,000,000 miles. My biggest reluctance on the 2023 Sequoia is that it's a first model year of the new design (but hoping they'll have worked some bugs out with the Tundra coming out almost a year sooner on the same platform), followed by my concern about the quality difference that might exist between Toyotas built in the US instead of Japan. I suspect most of my concern is really about my perception, possibly more than the facts would support - so I'd love to see data that says I'm wrong.