Good Deal?

danndp

Sep 25, 2024
dallas
Hello,

My local dealer is offering a Sequoia 2024 Platinum, Luna Rock (which I love), that already has 3200 miles as it was a trade in from someone. The vehicle has 2 recalls on it :

• 24R2: Load Carrying Capacity Modification Label
  • 24TA10: Tow Hitch Cover may detach

For the 24TA10 I know the vehicle doesn’t have the cover anymore as they shared videos and pictures with me

The vehicle is listed for $75k + Tax; i’m also planning in trading in my Honda Pilot 2019 where I think they can make $4k-$5k

Thoughts on this vehicle? Can I leverage the 2 recalls, the 3200 miles and the trade in to get the price seriously reduced from $75k?

I also have my doubts with the reason why is was traded in with only 3200 miles and these 2 recalls that who knows when they will get resolved

Thanks

The only way to know is to give it a try. Be prepared to walk out though and leave the dealership. Tell them what you want, and when they say they can't do it.... leave. Wait an hour and they usually will call you back and tell you that they can do it, or at least do better than what they said.

The only way to know is to give it a try. Be prepared to walk out though and leave the dealership. Tell them what you want, and when they say they can't do it.... leave. Wait an hour and they usually will call you back and tell you that they can do it, or at least do better than what they said.
Thanks! I just wonder if it is a good idea to purchase a used vehicle (3200 miles) with 2 recalls on it for $75k…considering that with my Honda Pilot trade in they will make around $5k; what should I ask for this Sequoia? $65k? Less?

Thanks! I just wonder if it is a good idea to purchase a used vehicle (3200 miles) with 2 recalls on it for $75k…considering that with my Honda Pilot trade in they will make around $5k; what should I ask for this Sequoia? $65k? Less?

The recalls are really minor so those wouldn't bother me at all. I can't tell you if the pricing is worth it without knowing all the details and specs, the original MSRP, etc. But there are people who can run the VIN, and see what the wholesale value of the vehicle is.

The recalls are really minor so those wouldn't bother me at all. I can't tell you if the pricing is worth it without knowing all the details and specs, the original MSRP, etc. But there are people who can run the VIN, and see what the wholesale value of the vehicle is.
I have the VIN yeah, but clueless on the actual value. If they listing for $75k; considering it is used, but a couple of recalls and with my trade in, I will be asking for $65k.

I’m also being offered a red 2025 4DR 4WD LIMITED for $79k

Back