2023 Sequoia Owners - any regrets after purchase?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 25, 2022
Wanted to get some feedback from current 2023 Sequoia owners.

Has the new car feeling worn off? Any regrets and wish you didn't buy? Or totally in love and glad to have bought?

Dragoon

Administrator
Jan 25, 2022
I'm just now starting to see some Sequoias driving around my town. It's amazing how limited they have been. They sure do look good when I see them driving down the road!

Jmp470

Jul 5, 2023
Texas
I bought my wife a Platnium, 4x4 for Christmas. We have about 12K miles since then. I would say the worst part of the sequoia is the cargo room. Besides that, it’s our family beast. We love it.

badgernix

Jul 19, 2023
No major regrets, but.... BTW, mine is a stock 2023 Limited with 3k miles. First of all, love the powertrain and the performance. Also, love the infotainment with the JBL system. Only a few negatives to speak about.
  1. At highway speeds (75-80 mph) grooved pavement will cause the new Sequoia to wander WAY more than our Gen 2 Sequoia. I'm actually thinking about contacting Toyota about this. This is even more pronounced when pulling a trailer. Tire/suspension setup?
  2. Wish the towing mileage was better. 10mpg pulling a 19' enclosed trailer is less than my Gen 2 Sequoia.
  3. My wife complains that the passenger seat base is shorter than the Gen 2, providing less leg support.
  4. Overall storage volume when packing for an extended trip is challenging vs the Gen 2 Sequoia. (I do enjoy the fact that I can pack to the ceiling and then use the rear view mirror camera for viewing.)
  5. When I set the infotainment screen for CarPlay and partial views of Waze + music + other, I wish I could control which other views were displayed. For example, if I am listening to XM, I cannot display that partial screen along with the Waze map. It defaults to Spotify (which I'm not listening to at the time) and also my current calendar invite? It takes a few clicks to get to the right screen to change the XM channel.

Dragoon

Administrator
Jan 25, 2022
No major regrets, but.... BTW, mine is a stock 2023 Limited with 3k miles. First of all, love the powertrain and the performance. Also, love the infotainment with the JBL system. Only a few negatives to speak about.
  1. At highway speeds (75-80 mph) grooved pavement will cause the new Sequoia to wander WAY more than our Gen 2 Sequoia. I'm actually thinking about contacting Toyota about this. This is even more pronounced when pulling a trailer. Tire/suspension setup?
  2. Wish the towing mileage was better. 10mpg pulling a 19' enclosed trailer is less than my Gen 2 Sequoia.
  3. My wife complains that the passenger seat base is shorter than the Gen 2, providing less leg support.
  4. Overall storage volume when packing for an extended trip is challenging vs the Gen 2 Sequoia. (I do enjoy the fact that I can pack to the ceiling and then use the rear view mirror camera for viewing.)
  5. When I set the infotainment screen for CarPlay and partial views of Waze + music + other, I wish I could control which other views were displayed. For example, if I am listening to XM, I cannot display that partial screen along with the Waze map. It defaults to Spotify (which I'm not listening to at the time) and also my current calendar invite? It takes a few clicks to get to the right screen to change the XM channel.
Thanks for sharing your experiences after a good amount of seat time. I'm surprised to hear about the sway on the highway and the reduced fuel mileage. I'm assuming this happened on the same strip of highway that you had your Gen 2 Sequoia on? Maybe it's the wider stance or wider tires that cause it to wander?

mcgrail02864

May 3, 2023
Rhode Island
Only regret is the Car Play experience. It is impossible to use voice text with the radio on... Never been in a car where the radio does not go off when using car play. Make long rides trying to respond to messages impossible.

Dragoon

Administrator
Jan 25, 2022
Only regret is the Car Play experience. It is impossible to use voice text with the radio on... Never been in a car where the radio does not go off when using car play. Make long rides trying to respond to messages impossible.
That's strange. It seems like that would have to be a setting somewhere in the software. Does anyone else have this issue?