Current 4-Runner Owners

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 25, 2022
Just wondering how many current 4-Runner owners are interested in upgrading to the new Sequoia? We have a 2014 4Runner that's been an extremely reliable vehicle. We've been waiting to see if Toyota is going to release an updated 4runner with a new powertrain. The new Sequoia almost checks every box though, except the size.

mikeshep

Feb 2, 2022
2017 4Runner owner - ready to get in line for the 2023 Sequoia to better meet the needs of our family. LOVE my 4Runner, but the larger size, better fuel economy, and significantly higher towing capacity make the Sequoia very attractive. Now if my wife and I could just agree on a color... :)

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 25, 2022
2017 4Runner owner - ready to get in line for the 2023 Sequoia to better meet the needs of our family. LOVE my 4Runner, but the larger size, better fuel economy, and significantly higher towing capacity make the Sequoia very attractive. Now if my wife and I could just agree on a color... :)

Welcome to the forum! haha, that's pretty much my thoughts as well. I'd love to see a side by side photo with the 4runner for size comparison. Hopefully I'll be able to see one at the Dallas auto show next month. What colors are you thinking about?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 25, 2022
From photos, the new Sequoia doesn't seem all that bigger? Definitely looks wider.

sequoia-vs-4runner-1.jpg

sequoia-vs-4runner-2.jpg

sequoia-vs-4runner-3.jpg

Dragoon

Administrator
Jan 25, 2022
The more I see the new Sequoia the more I like it! It's hard to tell the length difference in this photo, but the Sequoia definitely doesn't pop out of the picture of being that much larger than the 4-Runner.