Cross Bars

Night Writer

Jan 2, 2023
DeLand
Wondering about cross bars for a 2023 Limited. Is there a factory part for this? I have some that are OEM low-profile on a 2011 Lexus GX. I'd like to find some like that for the Sequoia. The universal ones are kind of bulky and stick up pretty high. Are the roof racks the same on the 2023 as on older models? Thanks

magquoia

Feb 3, 2023
Columbia, Md
I purchased the factory ones from the dealer and had them installed when I picked it up.

Resized_20230202_094228.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sequoia2023

Jul 4, 2023
Charlton, MA
New to forum. I just purchased a new 2023 Sequoia Limited that came with factory installed cross bars. the vehicle fits in my garage, however, if I close the garage door, the bar that connects to my garage door will ‘catch’ on the cross bar. the vehicle actually came with 4 ‘caps’ that cover the areas left open when the roof rack crossbars are removed. Kudos tp Toyota!

I was wondering, has anyone has removed the cross bars? The design is so sleak that there are no visible screws until the plastic caps covering the screws that mount to the rails that run from front to back. the kit comes with a tool to actually pry the caps off, however, I feel like they will break when I’m prying. I’ve only had the vehicle for one week and am not interested in breaking anything.

Anyone have some guidance On how to remove the caps? Thank you!

cousindeagle

Jul 5, 2023
VA
New to forum. I just purchased a new 2023 Sequoia Limited that came with factory installed cross bars. the vehicle fits in my garage, however, if I close the garage door, the bar that connects to my garage door will ‘catch’ on the cross bar. the vehicle actually came with 4 ‘caps’ that cover the areas left open when the roof rack crossbars are removed. Kudos tp Toyota!

I was wondering, has anyone has removed the cross bars? The design is so sleak that there are no visible screws until the plastic caps covering the screws that mount to the rails that run from front to back. the kit comes with a tool to actually pry the caps off, however, I feel like they will break when I’m prying. I’ve only had the vehicle for one week and am not interested in breaking anything.

Anyone have some guidance On how to remove the caps? Thank you!
Its easy and very durable. Just take some plastic tools to pry off the cap from either side.

Jmp470

Jul 5, 2023
Texas
Long story short. We just drove our Sequoia from TX to CA, 1400 miles with zero issues. While here in LA, I would like to add roof rails and a cargo box. Any tips?

I was thinking the stock cargo rails, and a Thule For extra cargo…. but, I’m open to suggestions.

badgernix

Jul 19, 2023
Agree that it looks great. I also purchased the stock cross rails for our Limited. I am surprised at the additional wind noise from just adding those rails. I am considering taking them off for long trips when we aren't using our Thule.

Dragoon

Administrator
Jan 25, 2022
Agree that it looks great. I also purchased the stock cross rails for our Limited. I am surprised at the additional wind noise from just adding those rails. I am considering taking them off for long trips when we aren't using our Thule.
Interesting, if it makes that much wind noise then it probably would be affecting fuel economy as well.